How To Image Windows 7?
- Open Control Panel, under System and Security open Backup your computer option.
- In the lift pane, open the link “Create an image backup”.
- Select the destination drive or Optical drive or network location to store backup files.
- Click Next to include/exclude drives in the image backup.Note that the disk that Windows is installed on will always be included in the backup.You cannot include the disk that you are saving the backup to.
- In the next step Windows 7 will give a last chance to confirm the backup settings you have chosen in the last step.Once you are agree with the backup settings just click Start backup button to start backup process.Backup process few minutes to hours depending on the size of the disk.
- After finishing the backup process Windows 7 prompts you an option to create a recovery CD so that you can restore the created image using the bootable recovery disc.
ASC Consultants - Input on 20 May 2011
All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License